We are excited to announce that the Jamestown Point Whitney Shellfish venture is seeking a full-time Aquaculture Technician to join their team at the Brinnon Shellfish Hatchery! The ideal candidate will possess a variety of skills including building, plumbing, mechanical and electrical knowledge, interest in marine biology and ecology, and organizational skills that will allow the technician to become familiar with cleaning, feeding, harvesting, inventorying, and the operation and maintenance of equipment and systems.
Starting wage is dependent on experience.
As an Aquaculture Technician, you will:
- Maintain cleanliness of shellfish bins and tanks
- Sort shellfish by size and species
- Participate in the production of micro algae cultures
- Track and report inventory
- Maintain company assets in good operational condition including pumps, motors, blowers, and various tools
- Perform other duties, as assigned
What are the Required Qualifications for this position?
- Must be able to work independently and within a team setting
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to multi-task
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Experience with Excel and Word
- Valid Driver’s License
What are the Preferred Qualifications for this position?
- High School Diploma with courses in Life Sciences
- Systems maintenance
- Construction, electrical and plumbing
- Ability to exercise appropriate time management
- Prior experience in aquaculture, particularly with oysters, geoduck, and micro algae production