With stay home orders and social distancing timelines extending, it is important to have a response plan in place at your company. We have two templates for you to use on your farm:
These documents were created by a fellow shellfish company and shared with PCSGA to share with our members. When you are reviewing these documents and creating your own plan, please remember:
- Plans are not meaningful unless implemented. Employees should be educated in companywide and respective department precautionary measures and updated as appropriate to ensure implementation.
- Public health guidance and employer requirements are constantly changing. The plans must be regularly updated to stay relevant, at least every couple weeks. The plans were created using many resources, including the following:
- CDC Employer Guidance
- OSHA COVID-19 Workplace Guidance
- L&I Prevention of COVID-19 in Agricultural and Related Industries
- L&I Prevention of COVID-19 in Food Processing-Warehouse Industries
- WA DOH COVID-19 Workplace and Employer Resources & Recommendations
- WA DOH Food Worker and Establishment Guidance on COVID-19
- WA DOH Recommendations to Protect Critical Infrastructure Workforce during COVID-19 Pandemic
- WA DOH Employee and Visitor COVID-19 Screening Guidance
- The plans, especially the farm department plan, must be tailored to a grower’s operations to fit their unique situations. The attached plans should not be solely relied on and growers should look to other public health guidance (see above) to ensure their operations are consistent with the most recent recommendations and requirements.