The Pacific Coast Shellfish Growers Association (PCSGA) is a non-profit (501c6) organization that supports producers of mussels, clams, oysters, and geoduck in the states of Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California and Hawaii. The Association, based in Olympia, Washington, is governed by a Board of Directors and is staffed by four employees. PCSGA advocates on behalf of a healthy marine environment, builds relationships with state and federal agencies, and supports industry research. The function of the Executive Administrative Assistant is to support the daily administrative functions of the Pacific Coast Shellfish Growers Association and its members.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform general administrative functions including but not limited to:
– Correspond regularly with members and public
– Format, proofread, and edit documents
– Manage Association calendar
– Schedule and staff internal and external meetings
– Receive and respond to phone calls and email
– Copy, fax, mail
– Track inventory and reorder supplies
• Take meeting minutes, including monthly board meetings, and prepare for distribution
• Manage content of PCSGA website
• Assist with all aspects of event meeting and tour planning
• Manage membership database, including annual update of member information
• Conduct media scans for industry related news
• Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Requirements
• Associates Degree in communications, business, or related field, or two years of experience in similar position
• Proven ability to support workplace administrative functions
• Excellent verbal communication, phone, and writing skills, including proofreading and editing skills
• Demonstrated reliability, keen attention to detail, high degree of accuracy and follow through with minimal supervision
• Proven organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while working on multiple projects under pressure
• Ability to build relationships and work with diverse groups, including elected officials, PCSGA members, and general public
• High energy, self-motivated, dependable, flexible, works well as part of a team as well as independently
• Ability to occasionally work PCSGA events on weekends (2 – 3 times a year)
• Proficiency in MS Windows software mandatory; familiarity with InDesign and WordPress publishing software helpful
• Ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
• Current driver’s license and reliable transportation required
20 – 25 hours/week. $15/hour. Salary increases will be based on performance.
Interested applicants must submit a letter of interest describing your specific skills and qualifications, a current resume detailing experience, and a list of three references, with at least one of the three being a direct supervisor. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Materials must be received by Friday, April 5, 2019. Interviews will be conducted April 9 and 10.