NATURE OF WORK: This position is responsible for managing operations, supervising employees, and leading marketing efforts of shellfish grown at tribally owned or leased properties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and oversee all operational functions of the shellfish farm.
- Plan, manage, and perform tasks and projects related to farm development, operations, and monitoring.
- Manage, supervise and train technicians and other shellfish farm employees.
- Establish and maintain financial records.
- Establish and maintain inventory and quality control methods.
- Develop, monitor, and revise shellfish farming plans.
- Research and purchase equipment and supplies.
- Develop marketing plan and lead marketing efforts of shellfish grown on tribally owned or leased properties.
- Schedule farming tasks from seeding to harvest.
- Work with, guide and educate production staff and management to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements including those from the Department of Health, Thurston County, and WDFW.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of related federal, state, and local laws.
- Knowledge of shellfish farm operational functions, development, and monitoring techniques.
- Knowledge of supervisory and management techniques.
- Knowledge of financial record keeping practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of inventory and quality control methods.
- Knowledge of shellfish farming plans and methods.
- Knowledge of farm development, operations, and monitoring techniques.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple personnel.
- Ability to effectively plan and manage projects.
- Ability to effectively train staff.
- Ability to organize and manage financial records.
- Ability to organize and maintain inventory.
- Ability to establish and enforce quality control processes.
- Ability to develop successful farming plans.
- Ability to develop and implement successful marketing efforts.
- 5 years recent experience directly in the shellfish aquaculture business.
- Experience working with and educating production staff to ensure compliance with health and environmental safety requirements.
- 1 year Supervisory experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the Tribe’s insurance policy.
*Position closes Friday, February 28th*