Wage: Starting at $12 – $15/hour depending on experience
Located on the Willapa Bay on the Washington state coast, Ekone Oyster Company, a leading oyster farm and producer of oyster and seafood products, is looking for a Farm Lead for our year round oyster planting and harvesting efforts.
If you have prior agricultural experience, are mechanically skilled, prefer working in outdoor conditions and living in a rural community, then we want you to apply!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess conditions, growth levels and product quality in order to maximize harvest output and meet anticipated harvest dates.
- Inspect oyster beds to determine conditions and needs for preparing or harvesting.
- Based on weather, tidal conditions and harvest needs, estimate labor requirements, plan and coordinate work schedules accordingly.
- Direct or assist with the adjustment or repair of boats, equipment or machinery.
- Drive or operate machinery, such as tractors, forklifts, overhead cranes, frontend loaders, 2-ton flatbed trucks, CDL trucks and hydraulic machinery, to transport workers, product or supplies.
- Confer with managers to evaluate weather, tide and crop conditions, and to discuss planting and harvesting schedules.
- Maintain positive teamwork and reliability, being at work on time when scheduled.
- Perform safety inspections and follow all safety standards and procedures.
- Since this position requires operation of a documented vessel, applicants MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN.
- Agricultural work experience including exposure to crop planning and output, manual labor, prioritizing activities based on weather and crop conditions, and dependability.
- Employment is conditional on passing of pre-employment drug-screening and validation of being insurable for operation of motorized vehicles.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred but not required.
- Requires working outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50+ pounds, stand, walk, bend, and stoop routinely and repetitively are required.
- Experience with boat operation and tidal conditions strongly preferred.
- CDL license desirable but not required.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred but not required.