About the Job
Industrial Plankton designs and manufactures cutting-edge industrial bioreactors, used by our clients to produce live feed in aquaculture hatcheries, and various end-products (nutraceuticals, oils, etc.) for the biotech sector.
We have an opening for a skilled individual, passionate about building innovative products. The Production Technician will become a key part of the team responsible for assembling and testing bioreactors in a fast paced manufacturing facility.
● Forming, gluing and working engineered plastics into complex shapes
● Routing, sanding and polishing
● Assembly of pumps, LED lighting components, and tank accessories
● Self managing time to meet daily objectives
● Meticulous quality testing of parts and processes
● Maintaining production documentation
NATURE OF WORK: This position is responsible for managing operations, supervising employees, and leading marketing efforts of shellfish grown at Tribally owned or leased properties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and oversee all operational functions of the shellfish farm.
- Plan, manage, and perform tasks and projects related to farm development, operations, and monitoring.
- Manage, supervise and train technicians and other shellfish farm employees.
- Establish and maintain financial records.
- Establish and maintain inventory and quality control methods.
- Develop, monitor, revise shellfish farming plans.
- Research and purchase equipment and supplies.
- Develop marketing plan and lead marketing efforts of shellfish grown on Tribally owned or leased properties.
- Schedule farming tasks from seeding to harvest.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hog Island Oyster Co. is looking for an experienced Director of Production/Distribution Operations (DPO) to join our team. If you’re looking for a position that will both challenge and reward while working for a Company that takes care of its people, the planet and profits, then we encourage you to apply. Hog Island Oyster Co. is proud to be a certified B Corp, using business as a force for good.
Live to shuck, shuck to live!
At Hog Island Oyster we aim to cultivate, serve and enjoy the best oyster experience possible. We take care and effort hand raising sustainable shellfish, which we proudly serve at our farm in Marshall and our restaurants in Marshall, San Francisco, and Napa. This position requires travel but would mainly work out of our office on beautiful Tomales Bay in Marshall, CA.
Job Announcement # (MAP): NMFS-2019-0022
Link to MAP – Federal Announcement
Job Announcement # (DE): NMFS-2019-0023
Link to DE – Public Announcement
This position is located in the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) aquaculture program, with one position each in the Alaska Region (Juneau or Anchorage, Alaska), the Greater Atlantic Region (Gloucester, Massachusetts), and the West Coast Region (Seattle or Lacey, Washington).